The 18" Birch log set with optional burner & valve by Rasmussen Gas Logs will cast a cool contrast against the warm flames of your fireplace! These gas fireplace replacement logs are designed with smooth, white bark, variegated, grey texturing, and knots found on the beautiful Birch tree. Crafted from refractory ceramic, the vented gas fireplace logs are molded from real trees to capture every tiny detail for an extremely realistic effect.
To customize your set, choose one of our two burner styles to achieve the perfect ember bed and viewing platform for your tastes.
- F Burner: single tube burner within the pan creates a variable flame pattern. Includes a log grate.
- FX Burner: same design as the F Burner but with extra dual ember booster for a brighter, more impressive ember bed. Includes a log grate.
You may even pick an ignition type from our range of easy-to-use systems, including match-lit, remote-control, and electronic ignitions!
Please Note: Vented gas logs must be used in a fireplace that is vented from the firebox through the chimney. The fireplace damper must be kept open during use to allow for appropriate air flow. For your safety, the burner pan and valve must be assembled by a certified gas professional.
- Log Set Type: Vented Indoor
- Log Set Style: Brich
- Fuel Type: Natural Gas | Propane
- Log Set Width: 18 Inch
- Number of Logs: 6 Pieces
- Material: Steel Rod Reinforced Refractory Ceramic
- Burner Type: F Burner | FX Burner
- Burner Material: Heavy16-Gauge Steel | 1/2" Schedule-40 Main Burner Pipe | 1/4" Steel Tubing For Ember Booster
- Includes: Log Grate | White Sand Pan Filler (Natural Gas Only) | Volcanic Ash Pan Filler (Propane Only) | Ember Magic | Flexible Stainless Steel Non-Whistling Connector Kit | Damper Clamp
VALVES & CONTROLS:
- Basic Manual On/Off Control (SPK1) Standing Pilot = Turn the valve knob to light the main burner and adjust the flame height. Is not upgradable to remote control
- Manual Safety Pilot (SPK3E) Standing Pilot = Turn the valve knob to light the main burner and adjust the flame height - Upgradeable
- Remote Ready (RPK3E+SR-2R) Standing Pilot = Latching solenoid system with ON/OFF Remote
- Remote Ready (RPK3E+THR-2R) Standing Pilot = Latching solenoid system with ON/OFF/THERMOSTAT Remote
- Variable Flame Height Remote Control (RMC1E) Standing Pilot = Light the burner and control the flame height with the hand-held wireless remote control (included)
- SPK1 | SPK3E | RPK3 | RMCE controls have standing pilots that consume 300 BTU/hour (1 therm of natural gas everydays, or 1 gallon of propane every 12.7 days).
- Millivolt Switch/Remote Ready (RPK3+SR-MV1) Standing Pilot = Light the burner with the included ired wall switch & ON/OFF Remote
- Millivolt Switch/Remote Ready (RPK3+THR-MV1) Standing Pilot = Light the burner with the included wired wall switch & ON/OFF/THERMOSTAT/Count Down Timer Remote
Millivolt Valves have a standing pilot that consumes 575 BTU/hour (1 therm of natural gas every 7.2 day, or 1 gallon of propane every 6.6 days). They have an installed switch for ON/OFF control and may be also used SR-MV1 and THR-MV1 remote controls, or with a wired wall switch, wired wall timer, or a home automation system
- EIS-RS150 Spark To Pilot = Battery powered. Variable Flame Height Remote Control. Includes Remote. 24-inch pilot leads to install within 18-inches of burner inside the firebox.
- Available as a natural gas or propane burning log set for indoor vented fireboxes only
- Please see burner manual for log placement!
- Beautifully hand crafted and hand painted
- Made from steel rod reinforced refractory ceramic
- To ensure years of enjoyment the materials are guaranteed to withstand high temperatures
- Steel F/FX burner comes complete with sand or volcano ash (depending on fuel type) and glowing embers to create a real ember bed look
- Burner options include:
- F Burner - single pipe burner
- FX Burner - dual ember burner for a brighter ember bed
- Burner distributes up to a MAX 75,000 BTUs with the larger sizes.
- Flexible stainless steel non-whistling connector kit and damper clamps are all included for easy installation
VENTED GAS LOGS and VENTED ALTERNA
For Residential Single-Family Indoors (Non-Commercial, Non-Multi-Tenant or Non-Hospitality):
Rasmussen warrants against defects in manufacturing and materials:
- Logs (loss of both cementitious and ceramic bonds, evidenced by crumbling) for the lifetime of the original purchaser in the original installation.
- Burners and grates for two years against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Safety Lighting Controls for one year against defects in materials or workmanship.
For all Outdoors and Commercial, Multi-Tenant and Hospitality:
- Logs (loss of both cementitious and ceramic bonds, evidenced by crumbling) for one year.
- Burners and grates for one year against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Safety Lighting Controls one year, except no warranty for Outdoors, as they are not intended for outdoor installations.
Cracks in Logs
Mere cracking is not grounds for warranty replacement of a log, as all logs will experience cracking at some time. The logs are subjected to uneven heating, which relieves itself through cracking. Such cracks are most evident in smooth faced logs like split face, manzanita and birch. We reinforce the logs with steel rods to hold together the log (which is much more rigid and effective than other means used by competitors, such as metal shards, mesh, plastic threads or none at all).