Outdoor Gas Logs
The R.H. Peterson RealFyre line of outdoor gas logs are the most realistic logs in the business. Molds are created from various species of wood, capturing the intricate details of the bark, wood grain, and knots. The refractory ceramic logs are then cast and hand-painted by artisans to bring to life every tiny detail. And the whole process is done right here in the States.
In each of these vented gas log sets, you will receive an outdoor-rated, stainless steel G45 burner, glowing embers, white sand with natural gas models, vermiculite with propane, adapter kit, a steel log grate, and additional hardware needed for installation! Choose from our wide selection of sizes and ignition types, ranging from match lit to remote controlled systems, and customize your set.
Can I use these in my gas fire pit?
- NO, these outdoor gas logs are for vented but covered applications only, like an outdoor fireplace.
- We do have a line of fire pit log sets that are approved gas fire pits only and must be used with lava granules or coals to prevent the logs cracking and breaking from being exposed directly to the heat of the burner.
How well do these outdoor gas logs stand up to the weather?
- All log sets from R.H. Peterson's Real Fyre are made of refractory cement, which is stronger than ceramic fiber -- another common material used in log sets. The hand painting process also increase the life of the log set's paint since it is the most durable method.
I'm interested in the RealFyre outdoor gas logs and was curious as to the benefits and downsides of using a match lit or pilot ignition?
- Match lit ignitions have fewer parts and there's no pilot assembly to conceal. This ignition system is also more reliable because there's no thermocouple or valve to fail. The downside is that it will require a match or lighter to be lit every time.
- Automatic Pilot ignitions can be controlled just by opening the valve because they use a small standing pilot light. They do, however, constantly use small amounts of fuel .