Fireplace mesh doors for prefabricated fireplaces are perfect for keeping sparks and embers in the firebox where they belong, while allowing comforting warmth to circulate into your living space. We have a number of affordable choices in a variety of designs for you to choose from. These zero clearance fireplace doors come with mounting hardware for easy installation. Not sure what size you'll need? Check out our easy measuring guide to determine the correct size prefab fireplace doors for your fireplace!
Do these replacement fireplace doors come with a fixed or removable mesh screen?
- While the screen technically can be removed, we recommend leaving the mesh in place. Altering your fireplace door is a safety concern and in some cases can void the manufacturer's warranty. These mesh screens are installed in place of glass with the intended purpose of providing more heat for your living space while keeping sparks and embers from exiting the firebox.
What is the difference between a mesh door and a mesh curtain?
- Mesh doors are similar to a fireplace screen. Instead of installing glass panels, the manufacturer puts mesh screen in their place. This allows for better air and heat circulation of your wood burning prefab fireplace. Additionally, the door frames are tough enough to retain firewood that may accidentally roll off your fireplace grate inside the firebox.
- Mesh curtains hang loosely from a rod that is installed along the top of your fireplace opening. Many zero clearance fireplaces already come with this pre-installed spark protection. While they block sparks and embers, they cannot stop rolling logs. If you are replacing your current prefab fireplace door with a mesh door, you'll need to remove the rod and curtain.
What does OEM mean?
- OEM is an acronym for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Any OEM part is associated only with a specific manufacturer and cannot be used interchangeably with another fabricator's products.
Where on the website can I find OEM fireplace doors?
- We do not carry OEM fireplace doors (click here to see an example) for a few reasons:
- OEM fireplace doors must be shipped in special packaging and do not qualify for our free shipping promo.
- The majority of our customers, when shopping for new fireplace doors, are interested in the entire replacement door. This includes the glass panels, rails, tracks, main frame, and mounting hardware (if applicable). Often times their existing main frame and components may be damaged or outdated. In this case, it is more desirable for customers to outfit their fireplace with a complete glass door enclosure.
- Due to the change in styles and trends, many manufacturers no longer use the same finishes that they did years ago. (In fact, some manufacturers change their finish colors annually!) This creates a problem when customers are looking to get OEM doors that will have the same door frame color as their existing main frame. Because of this reason, we offer complete fireplace enclosures with matching door and main frame finishes.
- Click on any of the manufacturers below to see the list of complete replacement fireplace door enclosures, categorized by size (width), that we offer:
FMI | Heat-N-Glo | Heatilator | Majestic | Marco | Martin | Preway | Superior | Temco