Don't wait around for a quote and crate fee. Transform your outdoor space into a hot hangout or relaxing escape today by accenting its best features with our concrete fire bowl packages! We have a wide range of styles to fit any outdoor decor from rustic charm to refined Italian flair. Each fire pit is expertly crafted to your specifications, allowing you to customize every last detail. We use the best precast concrete in divergent tones and textures and smooth and cast stone concrete that range from rich earth tones to vibrant shades that make a statement. All packages include the recommended amount of lava rock and the burner ignition system. Upgrade to the All Weather Electronic Ignitions System or add shimmering fire glass to sprinkle on top.
Are your fire bowls stable?
- Yes, all of our fire bowls are very stable. Just like a mixing bowl that you would have in your kitchen, the bottom of the basin flattens on the bottom ever so slightly to keep it from rolling or tipping over. Due to the sheer size of some of our products, the height and weight of the fire bowl itself will also help with stability.
Can wood be burned in my concrete fire bowl?
How do I protect my fire pit bowl from the elements?
Can I receive a concrete color sample?
- Unfortunately, no. Each of our concrete products are custom made, and while every one of our artisans follows the same guidelines for color-mixing, the pouring of the concrete will actually determine the specific hue of the finished product. Therefore, if we send you a color sample, it will not be a true representation of your concrete accent. The colors that we feature online are the closest examples of your chosen shade.
Rest assured that if you order multiples of one color (taupe, for example), the fire bowls will match each other, but there will be specific areas of each feature that show a variance in texture and blending. For example, the color on the lip of one fire bowl may appear slightly bolder in certain areas than the next. This is not a flaw; rather, it is an indication of quality and perfection. This is 100% assurance that your concrete fire bowl was handcrafted.
What kind of concrete are these fire pit bowls made from?
- Depending on the manufacturer, you fire bowl could be made of precast concrete or glass fiber reinforced concrete. Either blend is a heavy duty alternative to regular concrete. Inferior mixtures often crack during use. Much like the high tensile mixes found in industrial and architectural applications, our concrete blends are resistant to weather, high temperatures, and mechanical shocks. Your fire bowl will last for many seasons of fireside enjoyment.
How much does a concrete fire bowl weigh?
- The concrete mix we use for each fire bowl is just as heavy as any other concrete. This is because we don't add any lightweight filler or low quality aggregate. Weight is dependent upon the size of the bowl you order, ranging anywhere from 80 to 250 pounds, or even more for an extra large fire bowl.
How do you ship a concrete fire bowl?
- Since the concrete bowls are so heavy, we must ship them by a freight trucking company. They are packaged using a wood pallet with protective sides so that no damage occurs during transport. After the concrete fire bowls arrive at your home or business, the truck operator will unload the pallet using a "lift gate" so that you may inspect it for any damage. If all is well, then you may begin installation as soon as you wish!
Do I have to be a contractor to install a concrete fire bowl?
- This answer depends on your locality. Since concrete fire bowls often require a gas supply line, we recommend that only licensed contractors install and test the ignition and burner system. Once the gas system is completed by a licensed contractor, it is dependent on the discretion of your local fire codes as to whether or not you are allowed to complete any other water, electrical, or structural work on the fire bowl project. We have a lot of customers who have successfully installed the bowls themselves in a few hours, and others whose municipality required either a permit or that all the work be completed by a contractor.
Where can I install a concrete fire bowl?
- Our customers have installed their fire bowls just about anywhere outside their home, including uncovered gathering spots on the patio or atop pillars surrounding the pool. Business owners also love displaying fire bowls at their venues, whether in alfresco restaurant seating areas, ski resorts, golf courses, campuses of large corporations, or amusement park entrances!
Can I use a concrete bowl for a planter or fountain instead of a fire bowl?
- Some of our customers have chosen to use their concrete bowl as a fountain or bird bath instead. Our concrete bowls are often used in garden hideaways or on outdoor patios. When used as a planter or water bowl, they make a great addition to indoor residential and commercial spaces.
Please note that concrete on its own is not watertight. It needs to be sealed in order to hold water. There are some terrific concrete sealers on the market that can be found at your local hardware store. We highly recommend a sealer that is waterproof. A bonus would be a flexible heavy duty coating that has freeze-thaw properties for winter weather conditions. This would allow you to cover your bowl and leave it outside with confidence for the season!