Stove Bright M230™ is an easy-to-use sealant for the maintenance and installation of direct vent appliances such as pellet stoves or gas-burning systems, but can also be used to seal a metal flue for wood and coal burning stoves. Very effective door gasket adhesive.
This sealant resists peak temperatures of around 1100°F but is designed for use with a continuous operating temperature of around 900°F
Color: Black and dries a Charcoal Color
Can be painted with high temperature paint
Air dry, cures with heat
M230 is the perfect single solution as a high temperature sealant and gasket adhesive (Must Be Cured At 200°F For Approximately 1-1/2 Hours)
Does not promote rust when applied to bare metal
Does not contain silicone
Caulking Tips: DiY like a Pro!
- This cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut cartridge tip near the end, at approx 45 degree angle.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp rags or a roll of paper towels within reach. Put down newspaper in case of carpet drip.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at apx 45 degrees. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is on the top side of the gun.
- Now gently squeeze the gun just a bit, and begin to drag a bead starting at the highest point. Only squeeze the gun if your bead is too small. Find a rhythm :)
- For a clean job, when laying a bead, "A little dab will do ya!" You can always go back and add more silicone.
- After applying and working the silicone, let it cure for at least 30 minutes (at room temperature) before using your appliance.
No posts found