Masonry Fireplace Doors
Updating the look of your masonry fireplace is easy with our collection of replacement glass doors! Fireplace door sizes vary from home to home. All we need is the exact measurements of your existing doors so that our American steel workers can tailor-make a beautiful product from high quality iron, steel, or extruded aluminum to fit your fireplace perfectly!
We have a great selection of standard size masonry fireplace door designs that can be crafted to your specifications. For immediate shipping, we do have some in-stock doors that are compatible with over 90% of all the masonry fireplaces on the market. However, to make sure that you're getting exactly what you want, our custom-made doors do take some time to perfect. Whether you need bi-fold replacement doors or a cabinet style product, with mesh or without, we have a large assortment for you to choose from!
Which fireplace door is right for my masonry fireplace?
- Masonry fireplaces are built “on-site”, simultaneously with the construction of your home. The chimney is essentially part of the application, and both components are part of your home's structural design. This type of wood-burning fireplace is created by a certified mason who uses brick or natural stone and mortar to build the entire system.
- Our gorgeous fireplace glass doors for masonry fireplaces add a lot of character and definition to your home. While it is recommended that your doors remain open during the burning of a wood fire, many of our products come with safety mesh. This feature will protect your home and loved ones from sparks, and keep hot coals and logs inside the firebox where they belong. When your fireplace is not in use, the doors can remain shut to show off their beauty and prevent loss of temperate air through the chimney.
- Masonry fireplace doors are recommended for use with masonry fireplaces. They can be customized to blend in with your décor and are easily mounted to your existing fireplace opening. When you submit exact measurements, this ensures a perfect fit and helps eliminate drafts during those times when your unit is not being used.
Can a fireplace door with tempered glass be closed when the fire is burning?
- No. When there is fire burning in your firebox, the doors need to be open. As the fire starts to die, you can slowly close the door, allowing the glass time to heat up. If you do it too quickly, the glass can shatter.
Can you have a gas log fire going in a vented fireplace with the doors closed?
- No. You should never close the doors because the gas logs need air for combustion. Every fireplace door needs to be open when you burn a big fire. If you are looking to burn with closed doors we suggest a door with ceramic glass.