Fireplace Doors for Factory Built Fireplaces
If you have a factory built fireplace, then you'll love our zero-clearance fireplace doors! Easy to install and very affordable, we have a large variety of gorgeous styles and designs! If you are unsure about the size you'll need, we have the perfect solution! Please use our easy measuring guide to determine the correct size prefabricated fireplace doors that you will need.
Why can't I keep my glass doors closed when I have a fire? You show them closed on your site with fire in them.
- Whether using gas or wood, you need to have your fireplace doors open when using your fireplace.
- The primary purpose of the glass fireplace door is to prevent the room's heat from going up the flue when the fireplace is not in use.
- The wood and gas need the air circulating through the room to keep a good flame going in the fireplace.
- Glass fireplace doors use safety tempered glass in them, which can withstand temperatures between 400°-600°F. If you close your doors while your fire is burning, the temperature can far exceed that, and shatter the tempered glass in the doors.
Can I close the glass fireplace doors when the fire dies down on my wood burning fireplace?
- Yes, as long as there is no large open flame. The damper needs to be open to allow the smoke to escape.