Fireplace Doors For Masonry Fireplaces
Our large selection of masonry fireplace doors will be an economical edition to your brick or stone fireplace while adding safety from sparks and a unique charm to your living space. We have doors with designs as well as a variety of finishes, handles, glass, glass tints, and high quality metals like iron, steel, or aluminum to select from. We offer standard sizes that are compatible with over 90% of all the masonry fireplaces on the market as well custom sized fireplace doors. If your fireplace opening is arched, a custom sized arched fireplace door is the only option. We'll send you a template and instructions on how to trace the opening of your fireplace so that your doors fit perfectly.
Go 3D with our selection of corner fireplace doors. Or go outside with our outdoor fireplace doors made with materials to withstand nature's elements. If you're looking to stay extra cozy, air tight gasket fireplace doors will prevent even more air from escaping your fireplace.
- Masonry Fireplace Doors
- Custom-made from high quality iron, steel, and/ or extruded aluminum
- Bi-fold replacement doors
- Choose from finishes like brass, flat black, and silver nickel
- Masonry Fireplace Doors With Designs
- A wide range of options for handles, glass tint, door type, and finish
- Choose from old world, vintage, modern, and contemporary styles
- Modern Masonry Fireplace Doors
- Cabinet styled doors with wide frames and shiny finish options
- Mesh screens and curtains are included with some models
- Masonry Mesh Doors
- A variety of fireplace doors with a protective mesh screen, available in single or twin panel doors
- Traditional or decorative styles with unique finish colors
- Arched Fireplace Doors
- Custom measured with a provided template to ensure the perfect fit
- Air Tight Masonry Fireplace Doors
- Optimize the efficency of your fireplace
- Available in high quality steel, iron, and aluminum
- Corner Masonry Fireplace Doors
- L-shaped doors for corner fireplaces only
- Outdoor Masonry Fireplace Doors
- Made from weather resistant extruded aluminum and 304-grade stainless steel
- Stainless steel mesh screen included with select doors
- Masonry Fireplace Doors With Grate Heaters
- Increases the heat output of your firebox
- Inside and overlap fits
- Options available for spark protection, hearth position, color finish and more on select models.
Why are fireplace doors necessary?
- They keep your loved ones safe!
- It goes without saying that the flames from a roaring fire are intriguing to look at, and on particularly cold days, you can't help but cozy on up to the hearth. This sounds wonderful and alluring, but stop and think for one moment about the curious little creatures and small, often precarious children in your home. The inviting warmth and ambiance of the flames in an open fireplace can be a little too enticing for them, and the last thing you want is an injury.
- For an added safety measure: keep little hands away from the hot glass by placing a decorative fireplace screen in front of the doors. There are several protective folding varieties available that will add even more beauty and character to your already attractive hearth!
- They are more reliable than mesh screens!
- While hanging mesh fireplace screens do provide a small measure of safety, they are not as secure as a fireplace door. Glass barriers significantly reduce the risk of damage by keeping sparks and embers within the fireplace, and children and pets out! Without them, the likelihood of hot cinders flying around and damaging carpet and furnishing, or logs rolling out and causing harm is a lot higher. Adding a door to your fireplace is a secure and inexpensive way to keep dangerous hazards contained, and your home and loved ones safe!
- They keep dangerous downdrafts from entering your living space!
- Installing glass doors for your fireplace has been proven to reduce downdrafts from the chimney. This incident of aggressive air paths from winter storms pulls dangerous smoke into your home and can cause a multitude of problems. In the event of a downdraft, it is also possible that embers will escape the hearth and cause damage, or even worse, a fire. Closing your glass doors eliminates the hazards that accompany downdrafts.
- Fireplace doors are actually more efficient than chimney dampers!
- Dampers are metal plates that regulate airflow in your chimney. Newly installed units fit like a glove, but after a year or two, they tend to warp and allow extra air to pass into the chimney. Instead of relying solely on the damper, you could simply adding fireplace doors and greatly reduce the cost of your home’s heating and cooling bills. Prevent warm air from escaping your home during the winter, and keep cool air inside during the summer much longer than
- Closing your glass doors will act as a barrier that encases the heat source!
- This results in more heat being generated from the fire wood. Heat is absorbed and radiated through the glass, and the output is more substantial than that of an open fireplace. This means you'll need less wood to generate warmth!