NuFlex 302 Hi-Temperature Silicone Sealant is a one-part non-slumping silicone sealant with the consistency of toothpaste. It cures when it is exposed to moisture in the air to form a tough rubbery seal. NuFlex 302 Hi-Temp was formulated to perform at temperatures ranging from –65° to 260°C (-85° to 500°F) under continuous operating conditions. During intermittent exposure, NuFlex 302 Hi-Temp will withstand temperatures as high as 316°C (600°F). It is ideal for a number of sealing and bonding applications. The high temperature properties of NuFlex 302 Hi-Temp make it ideally suited for: Sealing and encapsulating heating elements in appliances, aerospace gasketing, moving oven belts, industrial ovens and bag filters on smoke stacks. Other critical bonding, sealing, potting, encapsulating and protective coatings where parts must perform at high temperatures. There are also many applications for NuFlex 302 Hi-Temp in and around automobiles, RV's, boats and in small engines such as: Making and/or replacing expensive paper and cork gaskets in water pumps, timing chain/belt covers, rocker covers, heat risers, and any area where high temperatures and vibration are prevalent. NuFlex 302 Hi-Temp is oxygen sensor safe. Do not use in direct contact with fuels such as gasoline or diesel fuel.
- NSF Approved.
- 100% Silicone.
- 100% RTV.
- Adheres to many substrates.
- Withstands up to 316°C (600°F)
- Permanently flexible.
- Quick curing.
- Moisture, heat and vibration resistant.
- Multiple use
- 1 x 10.1 FL OZ. Cartridge
Silicone & Caulking Tips: DiY like a Pro!
- This cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut cartridge tip near the end, at approx 45 degree angle.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp rags or a roll of paper towels within reach. Put down newspaper in case of carpet drip.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at apx 45 degrees. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is on the top side of the gun.
- Now gently squeeze the gun just a bit, and begin to drag a bead starting at the highest point. Only squeeze the gun if your bead is too small. Find a rhythm :)
- For a clean job, when laying a bead, "A little dab will do ya!" You can always go back and add more silicone.
- After applying and working the silicone, let it cure for at least 30 minutes (at room temperature) before using your appliance.
No posts found