Our tempered glass is made of the finest minerals and can stand up to heats as hot as 400°F.
Made right here in the USA, our tempered glass is 4-7 times stronger than regular glass. Tempered glass is the safest and most durable glass to use for your glass fireplace doors. Tempered safety glass, unlike ceramic glass, shatters into thousands of pieces when broken. If your fireplace glass breaks into large strips you have ceramic glass. Keep in mind that no flame or log should ever come in contact with tempered glass. Keep everything at least 6" away.
- NO Bevelling Available
- We Can Not Cut Grooves Into The Glass
- Due to the tempering process after the cutting it takes around 10 business days
- All glass edges are sanded down to a seamed finish. This means they are lightly sanded to get any sharp edges or burrs from the glass, however, it is not sanded in a decorative style. Since the edges of the glass will not be seen, this is our standard process. If, however, you would like a decorative edge, we can do flat edge polishing and pencil edge polishing for an additional cost.
- Pattern cuts are also available.
- If you need holes cut, they cost $25.00 each.
- Quantity Discount available - only applies to orders with ten or more pieces of the same size, color, and thickness.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT USE TEMPERED GLASS IN WOOD STOVES, WOOD INSERTS, COAL STOVES, COAL INSERTS, PELLET STOVES, PELLET INSERTS or COOKTOPS!
Hi-Temp Glass Tips, Tricks & Recommendation:
- All glass will expand when heated! Please order your glass at least 1/8" shy of mounting surface to accommodate for this thermal expansion. We are not responsible for breaks due to improper measurements!
- Metal screws and mounting hardware will expand when heated! Please do not over-tighten hardware as this may break your glass when the appliance is in use. We are not responsible for breaks due to over-tightened hardware.
- We have the ability to cut your glass to a custom fractional measurement not listed on this product page, and may even have bigger sizes or thicknesses available. Give us a call for more information!
- We include a "notes" box on this product page for any other information, questions, or concerns you may want to attach to an online glass order.
- Never change out tempered glass with ceramic glass on a fireplace door! This can lead to overheating and fire. Only certain masonry doors are approved to use ceramic glass on their doors.
- Never ever install ceramic glass on a factory built fireplace, prefab unit. Fireplaces are not built to withstand the heat and misuse can lead to a house fire.
- We also sell the flat window gasket.
- Replacement glass clips for your glass to be secured into door stiles.
- High temp clear silicone can also be used to keep your new glass in place.
- Keep flames and logs at least 6" away from glass, flames can't touch the glass.
We make every effort to process your order within 48 hours. All glass orders are custom cut, NO REFUNDS when glass is cut.
Note: Due to the USA mfg and tempering process, this glass requires a couple extra days per order. Expect turnaround in 10 - 15 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If there is a problem with your order please call us immediately.
FireplaceDoorsOnline.com guarantees that your glass will arrive cut to provided specifications, unbroken, and will perform as intended through the normal lifespan of High Temperature style glass. We cannot offer replacements unless merchandise has a manufacturing defect or arrives broken due to shipping. Please inspect your glass products carefully before installation. Because each individual sale is a custom order, we do not offer warranties that cover measurement errors or installation errors, such as over-tightened screws or glass that has been forced into a tight mounting surface.
If the glass is not visibly defective, was properly installed, but still breaks within the first 30 days, you may qualify for a "good faith" warranty claim and replacement. We will take your word for it, and we will cover 50% of the cost of the new replacement glass (shipping not included). This is a "good faith warranty" service we offer to our customers based on our discretion. It may be terminated at any point if we feel the service is being abused. In order to initiate a Warranty or "Good Faith" claim: We ask that you please provide us with pictures of defects, install surface, damages, or anything else relevant to your claim. You may then call us at (877) 373-6677 to start the return process.
- Made in the United States
No posts found
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need more information about this product using the New Question tab. Please ONLY SUBMIT product questions. For all other questions go to contact us,