• Is the exterior of your chimney brick or stone?
• Was the fireplace built during the construction of your home?
• Is your fireplace and chimney created from stone, rock, or brick?
• Is the interior of your chimney lined with clay tiling?
• Is your fireplace an integrated part of your home's structure?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then you have a masonry fireplace!
• Is the exterior of your chimney faced with the same siding material as your home?
• Does your chimney have/require a steel pipe?
• Was the fireplace added to your home after construction?
• Is your firebox manufactured from metal, or is there any metal around the fireplace itself?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you have a prefab fireplace!