Looking for a fire and water bowl to amaze your guests? If you're seeking a fire feature that also produces a cascading waterfall, pool fire bowls are magical features that will display that "wow-factor" you've been wanting to add to your poolscape or commercial feature. All are compatible with either propane or natural gas and come with ignition choices. We have plenty of sizes available, including self contained units!
From our very own line to the popular American Fyre Designs brand, we've got so many terrific choices for you! Our round and square concrete fire and water bowls will make your pool side experience even more enjoyable. Our Versailles bowls feature round feet for support and can even be mounted on a matching pedestal. Create a geometric work of art when you add any of our square bowls to your impressive backyard water feature. Our smooth round bowls are the most popular and come in a variety of sizes and options. If you're look for a concrete bowl with fire only, we can help you get the right bowl with all the bells and whistles! Click here to browse through our fire bowl packages!
For the ultimate accent for your backyard oasis, we offer stainless steel pool fire bowls that combine the opposing elements of fire and water! Never worry about rust and corrosion as stainless steel is weather proof and able to withstand outdoor conditions! We offer different sizes as well as custom quotes for something a little more extravagant. Choose round or square, then customize the dimensions, media, and ignition system to your preferences. We'll contact you within 2 to 3 business days with a quote!
Copper has been used in water features since the time of the Roman Empire and it's still one of the best materials out there to for fire bowls around pools. The wonders of our majestic smooth and hammered copper pool fire bowls will never cease to amaze you! For a virtual 360° view, we even have four sided spillways bowls that are truly unique. Available in round, square, and cone bowl shapes, all of which are compatible with both liquid propane and natural gas fuel. For a truly dazzling fire feature that will blow everyone out of the water, we recommend adding sparkling fire glass.
Finally, create a jaw dropping display from every angle with our 360° self contained fire and water fountains! These amazing fire and water features showcase cascading water in a variety of forms. A gentle waterfall trickles over the circumference of the basin, as demonstrated in the Evolution 360 fire and water copper fountain, or over four scuppers that are positioned around the lip of bowl. Within the center of the basin is a separate integrated burner system that lights up with a marvelous display of flames, giving the illusion of fire dancing on the water's surface. For something with an even greater element of surprise, consider our Osiris 360° with a 24 inch copper bowl center mounted atop a slim pedestal. Hidden just beneath the lip of the reservoir basin is a water ring that projects an upward facing spray! With the combination of LED lighting, this product is truly a breathtaking sight!
Click here to calculate your fire glass needs!
CONCRETE POOL FIRE BOWLS
Can I receive a concrete color sample?
- Unfortunately, no. Each of our concrete products are custom made, and while every one of our artisans follows the same guidelines for color-mixing, the pouring of the concrete will actually determine the specific hue of the finished product. Therefore, if we send you a color sample, it will not be a true representation of your concrete accent. The colors that we feature online are the closest examples of your chosen shade.
Rest assured that if you order multiples of one color (taupe, for example), the fire bowls will match each other, but there will be specific areas of each feature that show a variance in texture and blending. For example, the color on the lip of one fire bowl may appear slightly bolder in certain areas than the next. This is not a flaw; rather, it is an indication of quality and perfection. This is 100% assurance that your concrete fire bowl was handcrafted.
What kind of concrete are these pool fire bowls made from?
- While some manufacturers use inferior concrete that can crack during use and crumble away, our precast proprietary mixture is a heavy duty alternative. Much like the high tensile mixes found in industrial and architectural applications, this concrete blend allows enhanced resistance to weather, high temperatures, and mechanical shocks. Your pool fire bowl will last for many seasons of fireside enjoyment.
Please note that concrete on its own is not watertight. It needs to be sealed in order to hold water. There are some terrific concrete sealers on the market that can be found at your local hardware store. We highly recommend a sealer that is waterproof. A bonus would be a flexible heavy duty coating that has freeze-thaw properties for winter weather conditions. This would allow you to cover your bowl and leave it outside with confidence for the season!
How much does a concrete pool fire bowl weigh?
- The concrete mix we use for each pool fire bowl is just as heavy as any other concrete. This is because we don't add any lightweight filler or low quality aggregate. Weight is dependent upon the size of the bowl you order, ranging anywhere from 80 to 180 pounds, or even more for an extra large feature.
How do you ship a concrete pool fire bowl?
- Since the concrete bowls are so heavy, we must ship them by a freight trucking company. They are packaged using a wood pallet with protective sides so that no damage occurs during transport. After the concrete fire bowls arrive at your home or business, the truck operator will unload the pallet using a "lift gate" so that you may inspect it for any damage. If all is well, then you may begin installation as soon as you wish!
STAINLESS STEEL POOL FIRE BOWLS
How do you ship a stainless steel pool fire bowl?
- Some of our stainless steel bowls are quite heavy and must be shipping by a freight trucking company. They are packaged using a wood pallet with protective sides so that no damage occurs during transport. After the pool fire bowl arrives at your home or business, the truck operator will unload the pallet using a "lift gate" so that you may inspect it for any damage. If all is well, then you may begin installation as soon as you wish!
How do you clean a stainless steel pool fire bowl?
- Stainless steel fire and water bowls can be cleaned with a soft cloth, lukewarm water, and a few drops of mild soap. Rinse clean, then let air dry. Buff with a second clean, soft cloth. You may also use a good quality stainless steel cleaner on the outside of the bowl.
COPPER POOL FIRE BOWLS
How do you ship a copper pool fire bowl?
- Most of our copper bowls are quite heavy and must be shipping by a freight trucking company. They are packaged using a wood pallet with protective sides so that no damage occurs during transport. After the copper pool fire bowl arrives at your home or business, the truck operator will unload the pallet using a "lift gate" so that you may inspect it for any damage. If all is well, then you may begin installation as soon as you wish!
What is that aqua colored coating that develops on copper?
- Over time, with exposure to oxygen and other elements that exist in the environment, copper will develop a protective coating that is known as a patina. Copper in particular, when subjected to the natural process of oxidation, displays a beautiful aqua colored patina that gives the surface an aged or antique look. Depending on how long your copper bowl is exposed to the air, wind, rain, and other variables including your location, the patina will develop and reveal differently!
What if I prefer the copper color over the patina? Is there any way to avoid the natural oxidation process?
- To remove the patina, we recommend a simple DIY cleaning method:
- Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of baking soda together in a plastic bowl.
- Using a microfiber cloth, gently scrub the surfaces of the bowl using a circular motion to prevent scratching the copper.
- For more advanced stages of patina, substitute a soft bristled brush for the microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the bowl with a separate clean, soft cloth.
- Rinse the bowl clean with warm water.
- Let the copper product air dry, or to avoid watermarks, use a 3rd clean microfiber cloth wipe the bowl dry.
SELF CONTAINED FIRE AND WATER FOUNTAINS
Do these units include all of the components I will need for the installation process?
- Yes! You'll receive the decorative fire and water basin, along with the containment tank. You'll receive any necessary fuel and water line hoses, burner and fittings, and fire media (such as lava rock). In addition, you'll receive the water circulation pump and lighting (if applicable). The only things you will need to supply are the water and electrical source required for the pump (and LED lighting on certain units) to run properly.
ALL POOL FIRE BOWLS
Do I have to be a contractor to install a pool fire bowl?
- This answer depends on your locality. Since pool fire bowls often require a gas supply line, we recommend that only licensed contractors install and test the ignition and burner system. Once the gas system is completed by a licensed contractor, it is dependent on the discretion of your local fire codes as to whether or not you are allowed to complete any other water, electrical, or structural work on the fire bowl project. We have a lot of customers who have successfully installed the bowls themselves in a few hours, and others whose municipality required either a permit or that all the work be completed by a contractor.
Where can I install a pool fire bowl?
- Our customers have installed their pool fire bowls just about anywhere outside their home, including uncovered gathering spots on the patio or atop pillars surrounding the pool. Business owners also love displaying fire bowls at their venues, whether in alfresco restaurant seating areas, ski resorts, golf courses, campuses of large corporations, or amusement park entrances!
- Please note that our self-contained units are quite heavy and will need a supportive, even surface to rest on. A concrete slab would be ideal. Please consult a professional landscaper or contractor to determine the best scenario for outdoor installation on your property.
Why don't you offer free shipping on your Quote Only items?
- Quote Only items are special order products that often times are large and heavy enough that special trucking and crating is necessary. Therefore, additional charges would apply. It wouldn't be fair to deem these items "free shipping" and then turn around and surprise you with extra shipping and handling fees. However, we have the ability to negotiate these destination surcharges with the manufacturer based on your product selections and location!
Give us a call at 1-877-373-6677 for a custom discount on any of our quote only bowls!
How do pool fire bowls with both fire and water components work?
- There are two basic types of fire and water features:
Fire and Water
(separate fuel and water lines)
Some of our water bowls have fire pans or fire pots built in. These features are usually known as "fire and water" or "fire-water" pots, but they don't actually mix the fire with the water. Concrete bowls can usually be equipped with a spillway unit allowing them to be used as planters or fire bowls with water.
Fire on Water
(with submersible gas manifold)
Some of our scupper bowls can be equipped with submersible gas manifolds for a "fire-on-water" effect. The fire-on-water gas manifold is a stainless steel device with aerating tips that you install in the bowl before adding water. After installation, you will fill the bowl with water and then turn on the gas. This will cause the gas or propane to float to the top of the water in the form of bubbles. When you ignite the bubbles it causes the fire to burn just above the water for a spectacular effect.
Can every bowl be equipped with "fire-on-water?"
- Unfortunately, no. The submersible manifolds require a certain amount of clearance and the tapered nature of our bowl bottoms don't always allow this. The manifolds also need to be covered with at least 1" of water. This means that only the larger, deeper bowls can be equipped with this effect.
Can I equip a match-lit fire/water bowl with an electronic ignition system?
- Electronic ignition systems (like the AWEIS, Mini-AWEIS, SUBEIS, and AFOW) add bulk to the burners, so some bowls aren't deep enough to add them. Most match-lit copper and stainless steel bowls with built-in fire pans simply don't have the room for the electronics or for the pipe.