Our Arch Supreme Air Sealed Fireplace Door with tempered glass. This custom fireplace door seals and eliminates virtually all heat loss.The standard glass is a clear tempered safety glass, which is the industry standard and rated to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. You can upgrade the clear glass to a bronze tinted or smoked grey tempered safety glass to highlight your door. Fireplace door has a heavy steel frame that comes in a satin black finish. This air sealed replacement fireplace door does offer a slotted damper for appropriate air flow control. Choose from different handles styles to accent this fireplace enclosure and remember to upgrade to mesh protection for the times when you open the doors to warm up your living space! The warranty on the tempered glass is 90 days.
Stove Bright Color Chart:
1. The tools required for installation: a power drill, a 1/4" metal drill bit, a 3/16" masonry drill bit, a 5/16" socket with ratchet, a caulking gun, hi-temp silicone and safety glasses. Always wear safety glasses during installation to prevent unwanted objects in your eyes. Use properly grounded electrical cords to prevent electrical shock.
2. The door installation kit includes: an insulation strip, self tapping masonry lag screws and 2-wooden handles.
3. Remove all parts and protective packing from the door carton.
4. WARNING! This door frame must be installed PLUMB!! DO NOT FORCE THE DOOR TO FIT IRREGULAR OPENINGS!! This will cause misalignment of the glass sections and a poor seal will result. Plumb the masonry front with cement or fill the void with insulation. All doors are factory fit on a plumb surface to verify alignment and fit of the doors.
5. Measure the sides of the opening to determine where cement joints exist. Drill the builders flange using the 1/4" metal drill bit at the appropriate joint heights and in ½ inch from the back side of the builders flange. Usually, the lowest holes are up approximately 8" from the hearth line. Drill the top holes approximately 2" down from the lintel iron. See the illustration on the back of this page. Place the door frame into the opening and mark the cement seams where the holes have been made in the builders flange. Remove the frame and drill holes into these marked areas with the 3/16" masonry bit. These holes must extend in as deep as the lag screws.
6. Reposition the frame into the opening and start the masonry lags in the holes. Set the door frame in the opening and center left to right. Insert the fiberglass seal between masonry and the builders flange. Tighten the screws into the masonry cement using the 5/16" socket and ratchet. Verify that the door frame is plumb. Place the doors on the hinges and re-plumb if doors are out of alignment. Tighten all mounting screws evenly.
7. Use Hi-temp silicone to seal the inner perimeter of the builders flange to the fireplace facing for maximum sealing, avoiding contact with the outside finished front of doors and frame.
8. If a bottom mounted block wood handle is used, place several drops of crazy glue in the handle hole to permanently attach the wood handle to the door latch. The flat non-milled side of handle goes toward the door. Glue contacting the door or frame finish may discolor this finish.
No posts found
Click on the Add New button below to submit a question about this product. Please ONLY submit product questions. For all other inquiries, please contact us at 1-888-986-1535.