Get a reliable, complete double wall chimney pipe system designed for solid fueled masonry fireplaces. We offer 10, 12 and 14 inch diameters in a variety of lengths (up to 48 inches long). The .024 inch thick galvanized outer wall is guaranteed to stay cool, while the .016 inch thick inner pipe is made from 304L stainless steel and is structured for hot temperatures. This system only requires a 2 inch clearance to combustibles! Combine our air cooled pipe with elbows, a chimney anchor plate, roof supports and braces, fire stop, flashing, and rain cap for chimneys to create the ultimate fail-proof system for your fireplace!
Our galvalume-stainless steel chimney pipe products come with a lifetime manufacturer warranty and are packaged carefully to assure they arrive in pristine condition. The Ventis air cooled chimney system is listed to UL103 and ULCS604.
What is an air cooled chimney pipe?
- These chimney pipes have an outer and an inner wall - also known as double wall chimney pipes. The overall diameter of the pipe can range in size from 8 to 24 inches (we offer the most popular sizes: 10, 12 and 14 inch diameters). The inner wall is not insulated and is made from stainless steel. It relies on the warm air circulating within to keep the outer galvanized wall cool. Because of this, a 2 inch clearance to combustibles is permitted. For any curves and turns in your flue, we offer elbow kits that are made of the same quality framework as our chimney pipe!
What is an anchor plate?
- The anchor plate attaches your air cooled pipe system to a fireplace. It is available with or without a damper and includes a lintel hook and chain for connecting to masonry fireplaces. Anchor plates bolt directly onto your fireplace outlet and will increase the length of your chimney pipe by 10 inches.
Do I need an attic shield or firestop?
- If your chimney passes through an attic space, yes - you will need a galvanized attic insulation shield. Bottom flanges assure a proper fit into the framed opening of your home's construction. It also fits over top of a firestop. Attic shields comes with a collar and keep any insulation from resting against the chimney pipe.
- Firestops are designed to protect combustible framing material around the chimney pipe as it passed through a ceiling or floor. Our firestops come with a telescoping top section that extends from 11 to 19 inches, providing full coverage for the framing in your home. It is highly recommended for installation of air cooled chimney pipe systems.
What is the purpose of roof flashing?
- Our 304L stainless steel flashing provides a watertight seal for your roof. Without flashing, rain and other forms of condensation would enter your chimney and creep under roof tiles, entering the interior of your home and causing water damage. A storm collar is included and easily adjusts to fit the pipe diameters that we offer. Flashing is available in a variety of roof pitch accommodations.
Is a rain cap necessary?
- We recommend adding a rain cap to your chimney pipe system. Rain caps are perfect for covering the flue and other roof openings. They are designed to assist in keeping water, debris, and animals out of your chimney. Crafted from 304L stainless steel and equipped with an 18 gauge 5/8 inch mesh screen. Rain caps will add 10 inches to the height of your chimney pipe.
Do I need the roof supports or telescoping braces?
- If your chimney pipe extends above your roof, it is recommended that you include supports and braces in your air cooled vented system.
- Supports are designed to provide stability for pipe at the roof line, while braces are used when the pipe extends more than 5 feet above the roof. Our telescoping braces extend from 5 to 9 feet and can be easily adjusted to accommodate any roof pitch.